Thursday, January 2, 2014

Semana 20

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas and are going to have a great new year tomorrow!
I really can´t believe it´s already been six months and I´m 1/4 of the way done. It goes by super fast. The days where we´re completely focused and work to our fullest just fly by!
Normally on P-Days we start working normally at 6 PM but because of it being new years eve we have to be in the house by six to avoid all the parties and crazy things they do. They have a tradition on new years eve in Ecuador where the men dress up as women acting like poor widows and then they annoy the people asking for money and bother them a lot. The other thing they are doing here is they make paper mache manakins and then they burn them. Some of them are popular people or characters like Iron Man. Some of the ones they make are huge like over 10 feet and some probably 15 or 20. I think it´s funny that they take so much time to make these things and then they just end up lighting them on fire.
Well these weeks here in Pelileo have been a bit difficult. Almost everyone is gone on vacations for the holidays or busy making jeans so we´ve been having trouble getting into homes. The people here are pretty strong Catholic. We don´t have very many investigators here and this area hasn´t had baptisms in probably four months, so it´s been a bit of a challenge coming here. I have a lot of faith and confidnce though that that´s going to change. No point in letting yourself down over the challenges an area has because the Lord will always give us the miracles and success we need. I remember how we had a ton of success and lots of baptisms in Los Chillos and I was thinking how we got that success and how can we apply that to this area to help us. I was thinking and I think a lot of it is member support. The past missionaries didn´t really work much with the members and leaders and I think that´s what´s going to give us the most success here.

In our district we only have me and my companion and a companionship of Sisters and we share the same branch. They have a baptism this Saturday and I will be doing the baptismal interviews with them since I´m District Leader now. I´ve enjoyed being District Leader working to help my district and be an example to them. 

We found a new investigator on Sunday named M who was really receptive to our message and we invited her to be baptized on January 25th and she accepted. We are going to really try and work hard to help her maintain this desire. With this baptism on Saturday, it will be an excelent oportunity to invite investigadores to the baptism to let them see what it´s like and help them gain a testimony.

Well I want to wish you all a happy new year in 2014. I hope to hear from you all soon!

-Elder Gómez





No comments:

Post a Comment