Monday, December 2, 2013

Semana 16

Hi everybody!
Today marks five months since I left home, and it`s been the fastest five months of my life. November was the fastest month ever. We only have two more weeks in this transfer as well. The time just keeps getting faster and faster here. When you enjoy the work and your companions and work as hard as you can every day, it goes by super fast. You don`t think about the time and you`re not homesick or ´´trunky.´´ 

In December, the mission president invites all the missionaries over for a Christmas dinner, and we should be finding out the schedule soon for when each companionship gets their turn to go. Also we get to skype the family this Christmas! I`m probably going to have to practice my english! 

We`re seeing the fruits of our labors come forth. The Gomez family has their baptism this Sunday the 8th before church and their daughter has her baptism the 14th. We also have a lot of investigators that are progressing and coming to church. 

I just found out today that we are going to have emergency transfers and Elder Collantes will be leaving tomorrow to Santo Domingo. So now it will just be me and Elder Church for the rest of the transfer. I`m not sure why they did emergency transfers, but it`s kind of sad, because I really love Elder Collantes and he`s such a great missionary. 

It`s been going great here, and with transfers coming in two weeks, I feel like I might be staying here for a fourth transfer. But we`ll just have to wait and see. Hope all is well with all of you back home. Hope to hear from you all very soon! 

-Elder Gómez

No comments:

Post a Comment