Monday, December 9, 2013

Semana 17

Hi everyone!

We`re already coming to the end of another transfer, and this has been the fastest transfer ever. I feel like every week seems to just go by faster and faster. I`m feeling like after 4 months of being here in Conocoto I`ll probably be transfered to another area. It`s kind of sad thinking that because this area has become home to me and I love all the people here, but I feel good about the work we`ve done here.

So I said last week that we had emergency transfers. Elder Collantes was sent to another zone. In place of him we got Elder Moreano. He is from Peru, has 6 months in the mission and is 25 years old. I`ve learned a lot from him about teaching by the spirit and following lesson plans.

We didn`t have the baptism for the family Gomez this Sunday because they had an interview with the mission president`s counselor and he said they need a little more time to work out some family matters. But he talked with them on Sunday after church and everything`s working out. He said that they are all ready to be baptized on the 14th. So we will have 4 baptisms this Saturday; a great way to end this transfer. We visited them yesterday and the mom E told us how over many years they have been trying to find a church and they just hadn`t found what they were looking for. Then once we started coming and teaching them the beginning of October, we and them have seen many changes and miracles in their lives. She was never sure about being baptized in any of the other churches but now she says she is for sure wants to be baptized in this church. It`s so amazing to see these kinds of experiences happen. It makes me really happy that I chose to serve a mission because I`d never have these experiences if I never went. These experiences have been a real testimony and faith builder for me. I know that this church is true and and Jesus Christ lives and this Gospel does change lives. 

Well next week when I write I`ll find out if I`m staying here or going to another area. Until then, hope you all have a great week and stay safe. Hope to hear from you all soon!


-Elder Gómez



No comments:

Post a Comment