Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Semana 58

Hi everyone! I hope you´re all doing great! We´re doing great here in Asistencia Social! I´m already reaching 15 months in the mission this week. It´s gone by really fast. It´s getting close to the end. I don´t want it to end...

We found a new family this week, called the Family B. C.  The J the husband is the brother of S, who was going to be baptized this week, but didn´t asist church because of trabajo. They contacted us in the street asking if we teach bible classes. We said yes and visited them in their house later that day. They told us that they aren´t married but have a desire to get married because they want to keep the commandments of God. They loved hearing about baptism because they want to have that feeling of being clean and pure. As we were teaching them, I realized somethings really important. I realized how important is the repentance and our purpose as missionaries is to help people gain faith in Jesus Christ and help them repent so that they can be prepared to make covenants with God that will help them come closer to Him and to Jesus Christ and to help them return to the presence of God. It made me think of what I need to do to in my life to be a better person and missionary. We need to repent everyday. 

Well right now, we don´t have anyone progressing. We may have to drop some investigators soon. This week, though, will be a great opportunity to find new investigators, inviting them to General Conference to hear the words of the living prophet. I´m super excited for general conference. We will be in the stake center for all of the sessions. We need to help as many people come. 
I hope you all can watch the conference sessions. They truly are inspired by the Lord. If we prepare ourselves beforehand with questions, we can find the answers in conference and receive personal revelation.

There´s a video that I´d love you all to watch. It´s called Missionary Work and the Atonement. This is a great video about the Atonement and teaches us the importance of understanding what Christ did for us. Here´s the link. It´s in English just with spanish subtitles no more. 


Well that´s all for this week! Hope you all have a great week. Stay safe and I hope to hear from you all next week!

Élder Gómez

Amo ser misionero. Se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. 



No comments:

Post a Comment