Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Semana 35

Hi everyone! I hope all is well for your all!!

We´ve got transfers next week and I think I´ll probably be going. I´ve been here four months in Pelileo and my companion has three months here so he´ll probably stay and I´ll probably go. Even though we haven´t had the type of success that we wanted, I know that we´ve really helped out the Branch here. The members are a lot better and helping and more people are asisting church, so I know that we´ve really helped out here. In my time here in Pelileo, I´ve learned the importance of putting our trust in the Lord. My faith has really increased. I´m really grateful that the Lord has put me in Pelileo to learn these things. I really love it here in Pelileo, and if I go, I´ll be sad to leave behind all of these great people, but I know that wherever the Lord needs me to go is where I need to be. 

The Family G has their baptism this Friday!! We have Stake Conference in Ambato this Saturday and Sunday so we had to move the date for Friday. It´s been a challenge with them. There´s been a lot of opposition, but I know that if we do all possible they can do it. They´ve had problems with their testimony. They always say that they haven´t received an answer that this is true. But then we found out that weren´t praying! If we want to know if these things are true, we need to pray! There´s no other way to know. We need to read, pray, and asist church. If we do ALL of these things we will receive the answer through the Holy Ghost. Anway, the Family G started reading and praying again and they said that felt a huge relief, that a lot of their stress went away and are feeling a lot more at peace in their lives. I know that they´ve received their answer through the Holy Ghost. I´m really happy for them. It will be a great way to end this transfer, especially if I´m leaving to see them finally get baptized. The Lord often holds his blessings for the end. Presidente Henry B. Eyring talked about that in the Saturday session of Conference:
"If we choose the right,we will find happiness—in time. If we choose evil, there comes sorrow andregret—in time. Those effects are sure. Yet they are often delayed for apurpose. If the blessings were immediate, choosing the right would notbuild faith. And since sorrow is also sometimes greatly delayed, it takesfaith to feel the need to seek forgiveness for sin early rather than after wefeel its sorrowful and painful effects."
-Presidente Henry B. Eyring

If we can press forward with faith, the Lord will always give us the blessing we deserve, in His time. 

The Sisters had two baptisms on Saturday and I was able to baptize them. We´ve been helping the Sisters a lot with their investigators. As district leader, I´ve been doing a lot of baptismal interviews for them and we´ve gone with them to visit their investigators to try to help them. I really enjoy serving. That´s what the mission is about. Christ didn´t come to this earth to be served, he came here to serve others, and that´s how we should be as missionaries. 

Well that´s about it for this week. I´m really excited to hear what´s going to happen for the transfers. I´ll be sure to let you all know next week. Well, until then, I hope you all have a great week this week. 

-Élder Gómez








No comments:

Post a Comment