Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week 1-Mexico City MTC

We took Alex to the airport this morning.  It was really hard for all of us to see him go.  He kept turning around and waving at us as he was walking through the security checkpoint line.  We watched him go through screening and waited until he was out of our sight.  He left us a nice surprise as we got home from the airport.  As we were waiting in the car for him, he went through the house and left I Love You! :) post it notes all over.  That kept the tears coming.

We got a text from him in Atlanta as they were boarding for Mexico.  We know his plane landed in Mexico City but we haven't heard from him yet.  He is probably busy getting through customs and then going through their orientation at the MTC.  We understand that they give them a few minutes when they arrive to email their parents.  We will post something when we hear from him.

I wanted to tell everyone that helped out at his farewell Thank you!  It was very much appreciated.

Here is Alex's address while he is in the Mexico City MTC.  He should be there until August 3.  Mail is very slow in Mexico so packages are not recommended until he arrives in Ecuador.  Letters should be fine.

Elder Alex Todd Gomez
Mexico Missionary Training Center
CARRETERA TENAYUCA
CHALMITA #828 COL. ZONA ESCOLAR
DELEG. GUSTAVO A. MADERO
07230 MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

Here is Alex's email we received when he arrived at the MTC:

Arrived at the Mexico MTC

Hi everyone! We just got to the MTC in Mexico City about 30 minutes ago. Things are a lot different here than in the United States, but it´s really cool!I´ve taken a whole lot of pictures, so I will be sending you pictures, but there´s no SD cards in these computers so I´m gonna have to somehow get a USB chord to use. There´s a lot of missionaries with me that came today. We are the first group of American missionaries to enter this MTC, so that´s really cool. There was a church photographer at the airport taking our pictures and interviewing some of the missionaries, so you´ll probably be seeing us in an article soon. The weather is really nice here. It was raining when the plane landed here, so it´s been cool. Hopefully it´s not too hot tomorrow! I know these two years aren´t always going to be easy but it will be a great experience since I´ll have the spirit with me to guide me in all that I do in this work and to give me peace knowing all is well back at home. Well I´m exhausted and can´t wait to get to bed, so I´ll end it here. I just want you all to know how much I appreciate you all. I love and miss you all and look forward to hearing from you all soon.
 
-Elder Gomez

1 comment:

  1. He's such a sweet soul, you guys are lucky to have him. Can't wait to hear more from him!

    ReplyDelete