Monday, June 9, 2014

Semana 43

Hi everyone! I hope you`re all doing great! Things are going great here!

I got attacked by dogs on Saturday. One of them bit me on the upper leg and it was bleeding. Thankfully everything is all good now, but I`m probably going to have to get rabies shots because the owner said the dogs aren`t vaccinated. The owner of the dogs are the parents of our mamita, so we`re gonna have to go back everyweek. Everytime we go, I`m going to come prepared with rocks, ready to defend myself if it happens again. Don`t ever trust dogs! 

This Saturday we`re going to have the baptism for J. He had his interview last night and everything is all good to go. He`s progressed a ton and we`re excited for him. We`ve seen a great change in him, and that`s the most rewarding thing to see as a missionary; seeing the mighty change of heart in the people that we teach. That`s what the mission is about: it`s about changing lives and helping people come unto Christ by receiving His Restored Gospel. J is nervous to tell his family though because he`s afraid they`re not going to support him. I know though that they will support him. When we have the desire to live the Gospel, the Lord prepares the way so that we can do it. Sometimes there are sacrifices, but there are always blessings by living the Gospel. 

My new companion Elder Batista is really good. I miss Elder Tzun but I really enjoy working with Elder Batista. He`s really humble and diligent and I know we`re going to have a lot of success this transfer. He`s really funny too, especially his accent. Sometimes I don`t understand what he says because he has a Portuguese accent and mixes in Portuguese words sometimes. 

We`ve been trying to work more with the members and it`s been working. The members always help a ton. If we`re working diligently but not with members, then we`re not working effectively. We need to work with not only our feet, but also with our brain. We`ve been trying to put that into practice more here and we`re seeing results. We`ve got more people progressing and we`re gaining the trust of the members. 

Well, that`s about it for this week. Have a great week everyone and watch out for dogs!! 

-Èlder Gòmez

Se que Jesucristo vive y este es su obra. 


``Recordad que el valor de las almas es grande a la vista de Dios.``





No comments:

Post a Comment