Monday, November 11, 2013

Semana 13

Hi everybody!

As I said last week, I am a new trainer. I`m actually training TWO new missionaries!! They are Elder Collantes from PerĂº and Elder Church from Orem, Utah. I guess I was the only trainer who got two new missionaries (or sons or hijos as they call them here, and the trainers are dads or padres). They are really good and I really enjoy being with them. At first I was kind of nervous to train two new missionaries at the same time, but I`m really enjoying it. Elder Church doesn`t speak much Spanish so we`ve been helping him to share his testimony and learn to speak more. I think we`ll be able to help him speak very well within the next few weeks. I think this is probably the most responsibility I`ve ever been given to train two missionaries. I`ve been really striving to be an example to them and an obedient missionary, because the first companion really makes all the difference for the new missionary. I`ve been trying to be an example in my attitude and how to handle dissappointment in the mission and how to teach and show them all the areas and help them get to know the investigators and members. They are really growing and progressing. I`m very happy and grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity and this leadership. I know that we will have a lot of success this week and this transfer. I love you all and can`t wait to hear from you all. Have a great week!

-Elder Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment