Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Semana 65

Hi everyone! I hope you´re all doing great! We´re doing great here!

We had changes today and I got changed to Ambato! I´m with Elder Potter from Huntington, Utah. He´s from the group of Elder Havell so he just finished his training. I´m still leader of district as well. It feels weird after being in Quito for 7 months and seeing the valley of the south of Quito and Panecillo all the time, now leaving and coming back to Ambato. Pelileo is in this zone, which was where I was three sectors ago, so it will be cool going to back to Pelileo for a p-day and seeing all the people I taught again. 

This was probably the hardest change I´ve had to do in the mision. I´ve come to love so much the people here in Asistencia Social that it was hard to leave them all. I know though that the Lord needs me here in Ambato and that here I´ll come to love the people as well and help a lot of people. 

M was able to get baptized on Saturday! It was a very special service. His mom even came, who isn´t member, but she´s seen the example of her sister and niece who are coming back to church after many years of being inactive, and when M got baptized she was crying. She asisted church yesterday tambien to see the confirmacion of M and stayed for the classes. She really like the church and wants to keep asisting. I really hope that she can get baptized. It´s amazing the changes we´ve seen in this family. I know that God lives and He loves us, and that He can change the hearts of people and help them follow the straight and narrow path. :)


Well that´s about it for this week. Hope you all have a great week and stay safe and I hope to hear from you all next week!

-Elder Gomez

Amo ser misionero! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment