Monday, August 11, 2014

Semana 52

Hi everyone! I hope you´ve all had a great week. Tomorrow marks a year since I left the MTC and arrived to Ecuador. The time has gone by way too fast!

Well L is still doing good after her baptism. If she doesn´t have exams she will be going with the youth to the Guayaquil temple this week to do baptisms. That will be able to help her a lot to stay active. It´s so great to see converts go to the temple. That´s the goal we want.

The work should start progressing a lot more here soon. In ward council, the counselor in the bishopric talked about the things we need to do to improve. The majority of our ward council and coordination meetings are ineffective and a waste of time. The leaders have been reluctant to work with the Work of Salvation and the new vision we need to have. But now, it appears that they´re more willing to work with it. Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about how can we hasten the work and our responsibilities as members. In the meeting we had with the Seventies last week, they shared a scripture in Ezequiel 34 that talks about some members who only care for themselves and the other active members, and that we need to care for all. I shared that in my talk. We all need to open our mouths and share the Gospel, whether we´re missionaries or no. We need to invite everyone to come unto Christ. The vision of our Heavenly Father is that all of His children can return to live with Him. (Moses 1:39). He has called all of us to fulfill that vision. 

Well, so far we´ve been looking for new investigators, but haven´t had very much success. We´ve been helping a lot of less actives come back to church, and we have a lot coming to church every week. We´ve had success with the less actives, but not with investigators. Despite the challenges I´ve faced in the mission, they´ve helped me a ton to grow. In these last two weeks I think I´ve gained my conversion. I can now say with more surety that I know my Savior Jesus Christ and that this is His true church. A lot of things in the Gospel are making more sense and I seem to be learning new things almost every day. I still have a lot to grow and a ton to improve, but I know that if I hadn´t served a mission, that none of this would have happened.

Well that´s all for this week! Hope you all have a fantastic week! 

-Élder Gómez


Amo ser misionero. Sé que Jesucristo vive y Él nos ama a todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment